Will your insurance cover water damages?
Does The Insurance Cover Your Water Damage?
Water damage sets you back so badly if you were not prepared for it accordingly. For this very reason, you need to ensure that you are covered. While you can get water damage insurance, certain situations could not be covered by your insurance.
To help you navigate this a bit, here is everything you may need to know about water damage insurance coverage.
What is Water Damage Insurance Anyway?
Water damage is insurance money that can be paid out when your house is affected by significant water damage. It helps deal with the repairs/replacement and reconstruction. While companies like SERVPRO of Bloomington/Pontiac come in and help remove water, dry out the property and restore your home. Insurance companies ensure there are enough funds for the home's full restoration.
There are situations where insurance companies will typically pay for more of the damages caused to your home.
- Accidental leaks- Insurance typically will take care of leaks from pipes and broken washers that cause some water damage.
- Burst pipes- Water damage from burst pipes due to frozen pipes and any other incident are typically covered
- Damage from fires- If the water was used to put out a fire and caused damage to your property, the damage is typically be insured.
- Roof leaks- If there was water damage to the interior of your house because of a roof leak, these are typically covered. There are situations where someone else is liable-contact your agent.
- Water damage from storms like heavy and sudden rain, sometimes is covered and may depend on the situation-contact your agent to know.
- Ice dam- Insurance will cover ice dams that form in your gutter in cold months. If these ice dams result from neglect, you will not get them fixed.
Be sure to review your policy and contact your agent to know ahead of time what is and is not covered-that way things can be added accordingly prior to any situations. Knowing what is covered in water damage will ensure you stay vigilant for your home.
Contact SERVPRO of Bloomington/Pontiac for more information and to answer any water damage situation.
Call us today at 309-827-7500 or visit our website at www.SERVPRObloomingtonpontiac.com.
Like and follow our Social Media for more informational tips and promotions!